JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-LACKLAND, Texas --
The Air Force Civil Engineer Center issued a broad agency announcement, or BAA, Feb. 3, seeking proposals that demonstrate innovative, sustainable and cost-effective technologies and methodologies to more efficiently address Air Force environmental restoration and compliance concerns.
The BAA provides an opportunity for industry, educational and regulatory institutions to further develop and validate innovative environmental technologies by providing an opportunity to apply proposed solutions in the field.
"The goal of a BAA is to establish a mutually beneficial arrangement, with the organization or contractor receiving additional field testing of their proposed solution and the Air Force receiving assistance in achieving its environmental goals," said Adria Bodour, BAA program manager at AFCEC.
The current BAA is specifically looking for proposals demonstrating and validating technologies for the following needs:
· Analytical methods for detection and quantification of perfluoroalkyl compounds , or PFCs in water, sediment or biota;
· Treatment train technologies for PFCs;
· Integrated characterization and remediation of dense non-aqueous phase liquid at Air Force Plant 4, Texas;
· Cost-efficient characterization of the arrival front of a large plume at Edwards Air Force Base, California;
· Remediation of metals and pesticides at Avon Park Air Force Range, Florida;
· Noninvasive identification of bat roost sites and identification of ideal acoustic sampling equipment placement locations; and
· Identification of technologies for improving air emissions quantification and assessment, reducing air pollutants, and/or more efficiently leveraging current air quality resources.
Companies, non-profit and academic institutions, and government agencies across the United States are encouraged to participate. Responses are due by March 2, 2016.
For additional details on the BAA, visit the Federal Business Opportunities website at https://www.fbo.gov/notices/cd6271ef09b248ded3c317ec1352268e